Privacy & Cookies: What you need to know
We’ll always keep your data safe and secure.
To keep you in the loop, here’s why we need it and how we use it.
1. The Basics
We’ll only use your data to improve your experience with us
2. Locked down
We’ll protect your data as if it is our own
3. Plain & simple
We will never hide anything from you!
4. No Spam
We don’t believe in spamming - you can decide how and what you want to hear from us
5. The bare minimum
If we have no reason to hold your data, we will delete it
Find out everything you need to know about our brands and companies.
Protecting Your Privacy
At Beds and Bars, we are 100% committed to the protection and security of your privacy. If you have any questions or queries about how we protect and use your data, drop us a line at email@example.com
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information. The tables below set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
Your name and contact details
How we use you name & contact details Why? Security verification In order to process bookings so we know it’s you! Sending you information by email about our new products and services To keep you updated and in the loop. We only send this with your permission Send you confirmation emails We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you (It’s rather difficult to send you your booking confirmation if we don’t use your name and contact details!) Fraud prevention and detection To prevent and protect fraud against YOU and US- unfortunate, but worth it!
Your date of birth information
How we use your date of birth Why? Security To make sure you are over 18 yrs old
Your gender information
How we use your gender information Why? To ensure the correct people go to the correct rooms Some of our websites sell gender specific accommodation so we need to make sure you are in the right place!
Your payment information
This means your cards security code (CVV), but don’t worry, we don’t keep it!
How we use your payment information Why? Card details To secure your booking Take payment & give refunds We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you — we’re not giving our products away for free! Fraud prevention and detection To prevent and protect fraud against either you and Beds & Bars - unfortunate, but worth it!
Your contact history with us
Any contact you may have had with us over the phone, via email, social media or in person.
How we use your contact history Why? Analyse the use of our websites & services So we can continue to provide you with an exemplary service Record-keeping So we can maintain the administration of our websites, business & communications with you as users Provide customer service & support We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you — only the best for our customers! Train our staff So that, when you contact us, you get the best possible customer service
Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our websites and apps
This is the information you provide us when you browse our sites or use our apps, including your IP address, device type and version (if you choose to share it with us) your location data, as well as how you use our website and app.
How we use information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our websites and apps Why? To improve our websites & apps and set desired default options for you (such as language and currency) To give you the easiest and most enjoyable online experience with us Protect our website To prevent and protect fraud against either you and Beds & Bars - unfortunate, but worth it! - and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data
Information from accounts you link to us
Here’s what we do if you link your Twitter or Facebook accounts to us
How we use information from accounts you link to us Why? To enable you to log into our websites simply and easily without having to create accounts To make it easier for you to use our websites/apps and purchase the product To provide relevant product recommendations So you can quickly spot products and offers that tickle your fancy
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information if you do not wish to do so, but if you don’t, you may not be able to secure and book products from our sites, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
You’ll be happy to hear that we do not share this information with third parties!
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we may share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies in the Beds & Bars group (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries - St Christopher’s Inn’s, Belushi’s Bars, The Flying Pigs, The Flying Horse, St Christopher’s Inn pub, The Hercules Pillars ), as sometimes different bits of our group are responsible for different activities
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (only if you choose to link your accounts to us)
- Our payment services providers (SagePay and Elavon). We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints. You can find information about the payment services providers' privacy policies and practices at: (https://www.sagepay.co.uk/policies/terms-of-use; https://www.elavon.ie/content/dam/elavon/en_GB/documents/19%20ELAVON%20TOS%20%20UK%20CCA%20122016%20v2.pdf)
Some of our services use marketing message to keep in touch. We will only send you marketing messages with your consent. These messages are sent via email and they keep you updated with the latest news, offers, deals and products, that our services offer.
You can stop receiving these messages from us at any time. You can either:
- Click the unsubscribe link attached to the footer of the email.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the email you want to remove.
Once you do this, your profile on our marketing automation platform will be updated to ensure that you don’t receive any further marketing messages from us.
Please note that stopping marketing messages will not stop transactional emails from some our our services, such as booking confirmations and check-in emails.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Here are the circumstances in which your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA):
- We and our other group companies have offices and facilities in European Countries. Transfers to each of these countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, namely the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission, a copy of which can be obtained from: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en
- The hosting facilities for our websites are situated in United Kingdom. Transfers of personal data within the United Kingdom will be protected by appropriate safeguards, namely the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission, a copy of which you can obtain from: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION
We’ll only hold onto your information for 36 months. After that we will delete your information from our systems.
If reasonably necessary or required in order to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you. The provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)
- The right to instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes
- In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes
If you want to exercise your rights, issue a complaint, or you just have a few questions, please contact us.
CHANGES TO HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
This page may be updated from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If any significant changes are made to our Data Protection Policies, we will make that clear on our websites and/or other services, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use any of our sites.
Cookies that we use & seeing advertisements for our services online
- Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate through our sites and use our features, such as “Search”, “Book a Bed” and “Book Your Party Now”.
- Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use our sites, to improve both their functionalities and your online experience with us.
- Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or make a booking with us, these cookies will remember your preferences (such as your language or location), so we can make your online experience as seamless and easy as possible.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – we use these cookies are used to show you our services’ banners and ads on different websites and apps. These ads will be tailored to you interests based on what you’ve been browsing on our websites. They also help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our sites, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your devices and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you may not be able to make future bookings with us.
How to manage Cookies:
Most browsers allow you the option to refuse to accept cookies, as well as to delete them.
The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via the following links:
- (a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- (b) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- (c) http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- (d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- (e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- (e) https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Get to know us!
- This website is owned and operated by Beds and Bars Ltd.
- We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 5500765, contact number 02086007500, and our registered office is at 1d Colet Gardens, London, W14 9DH.
- Our principal place of business is at 1d Colet Gardens, London, W14 9DH.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
Registration No. 1327896 VAT No. 123328542
© Beds and Bars 2015. All rights reserved.