- Location: London
- See below for Job Description and Requirements »
Role: Team member Bar
You will find below everything you need to know about what we look for in our bartenders.
Manager/ Assistant Manager/Trainee Assistant Manager/Supervisor/Kitchen Leader
To deliver friendly, knowledgeable and efficient customer service and product delivery to provide an epic experience for our customer.
- Be eligible or have all necessary documentation in which to be legally employed in the country, which you are based
- All Documentation required by any Local/Regional/National certifying or Governing bodies in which to operate legally within you units country
- Have a up to date/active bank account in your own name
- Be able to converse fluently in English and the native language of the country in which your Unit Operates
- Where live in accommodation is not provided. Have a fixed place of residence and live within a reasonable travelling distance of the unit
Providing a brilliant experience for our customers
- Deliver excellent customer service, at all times
- Serve and present beverages, quickly and efficiently, meeting our standards and specs
- Assist in keeping the bar, front-of-house and toilets clean and tidy, at all times
- Keep up to date with all new products, specials, promotions and events offered in the unit, so as to offer the customer a brilliant experience
- Contribute towards creating an epic party atmosphere during any time of the day
- Make customers aware of offers on our great food and drink range
- Check back regularly during food service to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Learn the skill sets of up-selling and practice them on every sale you make
- Provide fast, friendly and charismatic table service
- Fulfil all reasonable requests from guests to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety
Maintaining Controls and Standards
- Conduct daily standard audits at the beginning of shift, and continue throughout and reporting any issues to line manager
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Always adhere to local liecencing laws regarding responsible and correct service of alcohol
- Maintain excellent knowledge of all company and site specific Health and Safety procedures.
Contributing ideas to help develop an innovate business.
- Be involved and contribute at team meetings
- Carry out instructions given by the management team and head office
- Maintain personal knowledge by completing in-house training within the given timelines
- Engage with your line manager at all times about your own personal and professional development and how Beds and Bars can assist.
Basic Job Requirements:
- A competent level of English language skills.
- An EU or UK passport or a valid UK working visa with a minimum of 6-months remaining.
- An easy going outlook on life with an enthusiastic and driven approach to customer service.
Phone: +44 (0)208 600 5210 - Fax: +44 (0)208 600 5247