Full Stack Developer
- Brand: Beds & Bars, Belushi's Bars, St Christopher's Inns, The Flying Pig
- Location: London / Remote
- Salary: Competitive
- See below for Job Description and Requirements »
We are currently looking for a new developer to join our London-based digital team.
We launched a new version of our accommodation booking platform at the start of 2020 and have a long roadmap of features and optimisations that you will be heavily involved in developing. Further to that, as a business, we strive to integrate our systems and data as much as possible to help our teams provide the highest level of service possible to our customers and each other. You will be working alongside the technology director and other departments to assist with these integrations.
As a senior member of the digital tech team, you will be part of the decision-making process around tech stack development, technical implementation and the product development roadmap.
Beds & Bars are the operators of backpacker hostels and sports bars across 9 different destinations within Europe and the United Kingdom. We operate brands such as St Christopher’s Inns, The Flying Pig, and Belushi’s Bars.
As a family business, we are heavily invested in the development of our diverse team of people. As a result, we have been awarded the Platinum status by Investors in People two times in a row. We can proudly say that many people who have joined Beds & Bars, past and present, have developed lifelong friendships and valuable life experiences in the process.
Our digital team, who are currently working from home due to the pandemic, maintain eight commercial websites, two mobile apps, and an online accommodation booking platform that we’re looking to grow with new features and UX optimisations.
You should have experience in some of these skills to be considered for the role:
- NodeJS and a frontend JS framework (we use Vue/Nuxt)
- PHP (we use Symfony and Laravel)
- Databases (we use Postgres, MongoDB, and Reddis)
- Google Cloud Platform (or experience with a similar service)
- Agile workflows
- Semantic & Accessibility-friendly HTML/CSS
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with TDD and testing frameworks
- A degree in computer science or a related field
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a range of great benefits. They include 20 days holiday + national holidays, a pension plan, the option to work remotely for part of the week or do digital-nomad-style working holidays from one of our nine fantastic hostel destinations (during the pandemic, we are working from home full-time).
To do your job and stay on top of your personal career development, you will receive a MacBook Pro and a training budget.
Other perks include a 50% discount on food, beverages, and accommodation across our group, which is extended to include your direct family. There are opportunities to join industry events or partake in company activities like parties, gaming nights, beer o’clock (Friday 4 pm), sailing, and skiing. We also host mental health workshops and work with the licensed trade charity to offer all our employees mental health and other support.
We do however have some legalities.
- Have all necessary documentation in which to be legally employed in the UK. If you have an EU passport we can sponsor to get your UK visa.
- Have an up to date and active bank account in your own name.
- Be able to converse fluently in English.
Basic Job Requirements:
- A competent level of English language skills.
- An EU or UK passport or a valid UK working visa with a minimum of 6-months remaining.
- An easy going outlook on life with an enthusiastic and driven approach to customer service.
Phone: +44 (0)208 600 5210 - Fax: +44 (0)208 600 5247